The International Political Science Association (IPSA), in partnership with Concordia University and in collaboration with the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS) and the Greater-Montreal and Quebec branches of the United Nations Association in Canada, is holding a virtual conference on 19-21 October on the Challenges and Prospects for the Future of Multilateralism
to celebrate the 75th anniversary
of the founding of the United Nations.
During the three-day conference, prominent experts, diplomats and academics will deliberate on various topics and issues including: Environmental Governance and Climate Change; International Development and Humanitarian Crises; Fighting Inequality and Gender-based Violence; the International Multilateral Trade System; Demographic Growth and International Migration; and the Impact of Digital Technologies on Global Governance.
- Prominent Special Keynote and Distinguished Speakers
- A three-day conference with virtual access to all 12 sessions
- The conference platform is user and mobile friendly and accessible on all devices including tablets, smartphones and internet browsers
- Listen to the presentations and join the Q&A chat to engage with the speakers
- IPSA members enjoy a reduced fee
Amongst our Confirmed Special Keynote Speakers
- H.E. Bob Rae, Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Canada to the UN
- Dr. Marianne Kneuer, President of IPSA
- Dr. Graham Carr, President and Vice-Chancellor, Concordia University
- Mr. Lutz Feldt, Vice Admiral (ret.) of the German Navy
- Dr. Rohinton P. Medhora, President, Centre for International Governance Innovation (CIGI)
Amongst our Confirmed Distinguished Speakers
- H.E. Louise Blais, Ambassador and Deputy Permanent Representative of Canada to the UN
- Dr. Bertrand Badie, SciencesPo Paris
- Dr. Maria Teresa Gutiérrez-Haces, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
- Mr. Guy Saint-Jacques, Former Canadian Ambassador for Climate Change
- Mrs. Rasha Jarhum, Co-founder and Director of the Peace Track Initiative
- Dr. Juan Tokatlian, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella in Buenos Aires.
- Dr. Michèle Rioux, Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)
- Dr. Christopher Isike, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Dr. Cameron G. Thies, Arizona State University
How to Attend the Conference?
Please note that registration is required to attend this conference.
IPSA Individual Members benefit from a reduced registration fee to attend the conference. IPSA student members can register for FREE! Only current IPSA members receive this benefit. To become an IPSA member or renew your membership, please visit our membership page
For more information about the speakers, program and registration, please visit the conference page.