Oportunidad de trabajo en Saint Louis University/Madrid: Part time faculty for Methods in Political Science
Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service, is seeking a part-time faculty to teach in English two courses on Methods in Political Science at its Madrid Campus. The candidate must show strong capacities in terms of teaching and supervising students and their research. He/she will be responsible for teaching fully Research Methods at both an undergraduate and an MA level, with the accent put on quantitative methods.
The faculty's essential job functions and responsibilities:
- Prepare and instruct class coursework for two classes (one at an undergraduate level, the other at an MA level)
- Supervise the research projects of all students
- Assess students regularly during the semester
- Meet with students during office hours
- Advise students and supervise MA dissertations
- Participate to their dissertation/thesis defense.
Qualifications, knowledge, and skill requirements:
- A PhD in the political or social science field from an accredited institution
- A proven teaching experience
- An ability to adapt to a culturally diverse student population
- An ability to rely on online tools as complementary means for teaching classes (Zoom, Blackboard, Canvas...)
- Be fluent in English.
- Building a syllabus based on principles of research design, with the accent put on quantitative methods
- Instructing the assigned methods classes
- Following up on students and their research by helping them identifying their research project and advising them all through the semester
- Advising students during the semester
- Fostering the students' ability to speak in public: class discussions, work presentation
- Preparing students to defending their dissertation/thesis
- Organizing and chairing their dissertation/thesis defense
- Be available on campus during office hours.
Besides, the candidate may be invited to join some faculty meetings to provide feedback on its teaching and reflect on the program of Political Science and International Relations and its orientations.
The candidate must also be open to the possibility of teaching one additional class of Political Science at the 1000-level (Introduction).
Interested applicants should have a valid work permit in Spain.
Compensation will be commensurate with the degree and/or experience level of the candidate.
How to apply:
Please send your application by email (email@example.com) or by post:
Saint Louis University
Avenida del Valle, 34
Candidates are expected to provide:
- A motivation letter reflecting on their key experiences and skills
- Their CV
Applications for this position will be accepted up to Monday 2nd of November, 5pm Madrid time (GMT+2). Interviews will then be organized with the candidates that will be shortlisted. The successful candidate will teach during Spring semester 2022 (January-May 2022).