Levine Prize Call for Nominations
Charles H. Levine was an outstanding scholar in the fields of public policy and administration. He played a major role in the creation and early life of both the journal Governance and its sponsor, the Structure and Organization of Government Research Committee of the International Political Science Association (SOG). After his untimely death in 1988, the Editorial Board of Governance and the Executive Committee of SOG established an annual book prize in his memory.
The book selected should meet the following criteria:
1. It was published in 2023.
2. It makes a contribution of considerable theoretical or practical significance in the field of public policy and administration.
3. It takes an explicitly comparative perspective or produces findings the implications of which are highly significant for comparative research.
4. It is written in an accessible style and form so that it is of value both to scholars and practitioners.
5. It is not an edited book, but an authored book written by one or more authors.
The Levine Prize will be awarded to the book published in 2023 that best meets these criteria.
Nominations should be made by 15 March 2024 and sent to the committee.
Please send a copy of the book to all three members of the committee. The winner will be announced in the October 2024 issue of Governance, and in the SOG Newsletter.
Katherine Bersch (Chair of the Committee)
Department of Political Science
209 Ridge Rd
Davidson, NC 28035
tel: +1 704-894-3110
Department of Social and Political Sciences
Via Roentgen 1
tel: +39 02 5836 2585
Irene Belmonte Martin
Department of Social and Human Sciences
Universitas Miguel Hernandéz
Avenida de la Universidad, s/n Edificio Torreblanca, 2ª planta.
Campus de Elche.
03202 Elche, Alicante
tel: + 34 965222531 or +34 645 427 018
Note: Please ensure that books being nominated will reach all members of the committee by 15 March 2024.