14th General Conference, Innsbruck - COVID-19 Update
In light of current uncertainly over international travel due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we have made the decision to delay the release of participation confirmations and registration opening for the General Conference 2020 until Friday 1 May. We are currently reviewing the possible options on how to proceed and are carefully monitoring the situation. We encourage you to keep an eye on with our website, social media and email communications for latest updates.
The ECPR General Conference remains Europe's largest annual gathering of political scientists; attracting more than 2,000 global scholars ꟷ at all stages of their career. With around 500 Panels across c.70 Sections, the academic programme covers the breadth of political science; developed and delivered by high-profile members of the profession. As a leading industry event, the General Conference continues to facilitate and nurture the development of political science across Europe; delivering an interactive and engaging platform for discussion, debate and innovative thinking.
- Roundtable 1: Political Science in Europe: Challenges and Prospects
- Roundtable 2: Decolonisation - Linking the Curriculum and the Political Practice
- Roundtable 3: Big Data in Political Science
- Roundtable 4: Climate Change – a Game Changer or just another Variable for Political Research?
There is a two-stage process for submitting proposals to the Academic Programme:
- Call for Sections: 16 September – 18 November 2019 (midnight UK time)
- Call for full Panels and individual Papers: 3 December 2019 – 19 February 2020 (midnight UK time)
Standard non-ECPR member: €403
Standard ECPR member: €261.95
Student non-ECPR member: €261.95*
Student ECPR member: €120.90*
*To be eligible for the student rate, you must send one of the following to the Events Team by midnight UK time on 20 May 2020:
- a valid copy of your student ID
- a letter from your supervisor or Head of Department confirming you are or will be a student at the time of the event
- a copy of your enrolment confirmation